Wednesday, December 16, 2009

PBO3 OVER!!!

Hi all, thanks for coming down to PBO3!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Before i post the pictures, would like to share an email i recieved from a member of the audience, its quite motivated to the bands~ THanks Alan!

My Thoughts on Project Breakout Vol. 3


For starters, I'd like to extend my congrats to the organisers of PBO Vol 3. Although I have not attended the first 2 events, I can see that you guys really put a lot of effort into making this event successful despite the mishaps and last minute stuff going on. Hats off to you =)

Next up, I'd like to say to the local bands: GREAT JOB! I've been watching and listening to all the bands from start to finish and I must say that I'm very impressed by your improvement and touched by your passion and energy during your sets, though you faced lots of problems on stage. Let it be said no more that local jrock bands "cannot make it". You guys really proved that statement wrong last night.

To Flicked Mind & Mage'Era: My warmest thanks and appreciation for coming down all the way from KL to play in Singapore. Its always good to have interaction from bands abroad and by doing so, we strengthen our bonds through our love of music and culture (in this case, Jrock & Jpop).

Last but not least, I'd like to thank everyone who showed up to support the event. It was a great crowd and I hope that everyone will continue to support such events and local bands (be it Jrock or otherwise) because it is vital to the growth of the music scene here in Singapore. Hopefully we can have less statues and more people grooving to the music next time. We're allowed to have fun, aren't we? ;)

As you are reading this, you may be wondering why I'm saying so much even though I'm just one guy in the audience. As someone who has been around in the local Jrock scene/groups in the early days, it has pained me to see the deterioration of the scene/groups through the years to what it had become some time ago. It's true that I was one of those people who had almost given up hope on the scene. But that changed last night. This experience has re-ignited the flame within me that had almost died out. Everyone (organisers, bands, supporters) has proven that the scene is alive and kicking, that our bands don't suck, that we can continue to keep this tradition alive.

I'm looking forward to everyone working together to kick it up a notch and seeing what surprises you guys have in store for us ;) Hope to see you all at the next event(s)!


Yours Musically,

Allan Valentino
Aries Kaizer

1 comment:

Ivan said...

I strongly agree with what is in this email.I have been playing in a few jrock bands ever since i joined the scene in 2001.The deterioration of the bands in the past IS true..i too was kinda pressured each time i had to perform at Youth park as general watchers not into jrock will always see us as "posers" or no standard.But kudos to all the new bands at PBO u all really make great improvements!I hope we can be even better as time goes to prove everyone that we are unique and we sound gd in our own individual way..